Saturday, July 30, 2011

An old favorite.

My day begins and ends with idleness, the vast amount of it spent in front of the screen of my laptop. (A typical day in my life in Shenzhen is forthcoming in the next blog post.) I feel this is highly normal, though that doesn't entirely excuse my lack of creative output to myself.

One creative output I do have though is discussing movies, as I just did for a few hours over beers with friends. I consume large amounts of critical discourse on movies, or basically read AO Scott and Michael Phillips and watch Ebert Presents 'At the Movies'. So on that note, here's an old favorite intro that for a guy like me, revs up a lot of nostalgia, being from Chicagoland, and of course, being a film criticism nut.



Perhaps in the spirit of the moment I'll write a film review for Terrence Mallick's The Tree of Life. Though that would be no small order.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the nostalgia for Roger and Gene as much as I do. They were and always will be icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment